Supported Employment - Richmond Customer Service
Richmond Customer Service provides various supported employment training. Apart from regular job training like office cleaning, car washing, courier service and logistics, specific skills training related to job interview and interpersonal communication skills, job matching, and strengthening employer network are also introduced to enhance their opportunities for open employment. Meanwhile, follow-up guidance is also offered when service users return to job market, thus familiarizing them with proper working environment and continuing their path of rehabilitation.
- To promote good community care practice in the field of mental health;
- To provide support and rehabilitation services to people suffering from mental and emotional disturbance.
- To provide the related work and skills training and arrange employment opportunities;
- To create a supported employment model as close to open employment as possible.
- Pre-employment and job-related training
- Development of new training and employment opportunities
- Counselling and support during job placement and on-site job coaching
- Counselling and support follow-up for users and family
- To create a supportive community network and mutual-help network for the users
- To create the employers’ network
- To provide educational programs through exhibitions and related activities
- Car wash and cleaning service
- Delivery service and computer data entry
- Retailing services
(Type of training will be adjusted depending on the market needs.)
The team includes registered social workers, marketing assistant, instructors and program assistants.
1. Admission Criteria:
- Mainly for ex-mentally-ill person, some places are also available for people who are mentally handicapped
- Aged 15 or above, male or female
- Assessed by a psychiatrist as suitable for vocational training and open employment
- Motivated to work, and willing to participate in the training programs and related activities
- Willing to comply to the users’ regulation formulated by the Service
- No alcohol addict or drug addict and has no gambling problems
2. Application and Procedure:
Can apply through a social worker or referral organisation (e.g. a medical social worker) and post the application form to our service unit.
The applicant will be invited for an orientation, interview and assessment.
Length of Stay
Regular assessment will be conducted to evaluate the length of stay in the Service.
Discharge or Withdrawal of Service
Users are free to apply for the withdrawal of service at the application or admission stage, and formal discharge will be arranged for users who have joined other suitable service or open employment.
Termination of Service
Service users can withdraw the service during the application or after entering the service.
If service user finds another service or a job, our social worker will arrange the withdrawal of the service for him/her.
|Richmond Customer Service (Chai Wan／Tseung Kwan On)||Level 1, Block 6, New Jade Garden, 233 Chai Wan Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong.||email@example.com|
|Richmond Customer Service (Yuen Long / Wong Tai Sin)||Block 3, Greenery Villa, 8 Tsing Lun Road, Tuen Mun, N.T.||firstname.lastname@example.org|