Sheung Tak House
The theme of the year was “Helping People achieve Holistic Wellness through Self-help”. We emphasized on developing capabilities of service users and enhancing self-understanding and holistic wellness. We continued to practice the person-centred core value through various programmes. Professional intervention has facilitated rapport building between service users and community members through promoting ‘Networking’ and ‘Support’, thus empowering service users’ in their recovery.
- To promote good community care practice in the field of mental health
- To provide support and rehabilitation services to people suffering from mental and emotional disturbance
- To provide skills training and motivation necessary for independent living;
- To facilitate service users to learn to communicate and live with others;
- To assist service users' individual development and to regain self-confidence.
- A therapeutic community environment with staff available at all times;
- Group and community activities Individual counselling;
- Living skills training; Learning to take the medication on schedule.
There are staff including registered social workers, nurse, rehabilitation workers, supportive staff, rehabilitation assistant & programme assistant and etc.
Who Can Apply
The applicant should be:
- An ex-mentally ill person;
- Aged 15 or above male or female;
- Mentally stable and physically healthy;
- Willing to participate in groups and community life;
- In need of residential care and willing to receive the training in living skills and work aspect;
- Not addicted to alcohol, drugs or gambling.
Length of Stay
The length of stay in the halfway house is about half to 2 years.
How To Apply
All applicants are referred by social worker and enrolled in CRSRehab-ExMI System. An interview and assessment will be arranged for the applicant. We will also arrange the applicant to receive assessment by Agency's psychiatrist in need. The referrer will be informed of the result in writing and the referrer will inform the result to the applicant.
Discharge or Withdrawal of Service
The discharge plan will be formulated which is according to service users' progress. Service users can make a request to leave the service upon the discussion with the case medical officer, medical social worker, family members and house's staff.
According to Social Welfare Department provision.
|Service Unit||Sheung Tak House|
|Address||G/F, Wing B, Sheung Chun House,
Sheung Tak Estate, Tseung Kwan O, N.T., HK
|Telephone||(852) 2178 0965|
|Fax||(852) 2178 0966|