Richmond Family Institute
Richmond Family Institute (RFI) has been established since 2009, providing education, training and support to family caregivers of people recovering from mental illness, as well as community members. In addition, RFI works hand in hand with Heart to Heart Club to organize various social gatherings and recreational activities, aiming to expand and consolidate the mutual support network among caregivers.
- To facilitate the communication among family members/caregivers and build up their supportive network;
- To provide information, training and emotional support to the family members/caregivers.
- To equip family members/caregivers with skills and knowledge as “Peer Ambassadors”, in order to support other family members.
- To enhance family members’ understanding of mental illness and mental health;
- To support the family members in facing the problems encountered by the people with mental illness;
- To enhance caring skills and competence of the family members/relatives;
- To implement education and training programs for people wor king in the mental health field;
- To arouse public concern about mental health issues and to facilitate public understanding and acceptance of people with mental illness
- Consultation and Counseling: individual counseling, emotional support services
- Education and Skill Training Programs: groups, seminars, workshops, resources corner
- Community Education: public promotions, exhibitions, talks
- Referral services
- Family members and caregivers of people with mental illness
|Unit||Richmond Family Institute|
1)ALOHA (Wong Tai Sin)
Address：G/F, Lok Tin House, Tsz Lok Estate, Tsz Wan Shan, Kowloon
2)ALOHA (Wong Tai Sin) - Yiu Sin House
Address：Room 1, G/F, Yiu Sin House, Upper Wong Tai Sin Estate, Kowloon
Address：Unit Nos. 1-8, LG/F, Chak Tsui House, Wan Tsui Estate, Chai Wan, Hong Kong